Fresh Thoughts supported the Administration de la Gestion de l’Eau (Grand Duchy of Luxembourg) in the updating and completing the reports required under Article 5 and Article 11 of the WFD.
In particular, the support covered the following areas:
- “Gap Analysis” of the 2007 reports on the status of pressures, monitoring network and the first management plan with the current state of play.
- Support the optimization and extension of the existing monitoring network.
- Assist the evaluation of water status, in particular the classification of the Luxembourg water bodies considering new monitoring results.
- Input to methodological issues regarding typology, waterbody classification and biological quality elements.
- Support the preparation of a summary report on the results of the pressures analysis (surface and groundwater). This will be done in advance of the preparation of the second programme of measures.
- Assist the development of the river basin management plan, in particular taking into account the comments from the EU Commission on the management plan for the period 2009-2015, the new requirements from the CIS process and taking into account new legal requirements by the EU Commission.