In December 2019 the Commission set out a European Green Deal1 for the European Union (EU) and its citizens – a new growth strategy for the EU supporting the transition of the EU to a fair and prosperous society that responds to the challenges posed by climate change and environmental degradation, improving the quality of life of current and future generations.
The objective of the Framework contract which will result from this call for tenders is to provide services to the European Commission for the following:
(1) To provide multilingual, confidential, independent, impartial, timely, and quality-assured work and advice on scientific (environmental and health-related), socioeconomic, economic, and technical issues relevant to the above-mentioned Directives;
(2) To provide technical assistance for in-depth focused assessments of the implementation of the above-mentioned Directives in the EU Member States on selected issues linked to specific needs;
(3) To provide technical assistance to assess information on the replies to legal non-compliance cases mostly opened on the Commission’s initiative, but occasionally in response to a citizen’s complaint, an EP Petition, etc.;
(4) To provide technical assistance for evaluations of the fitness of the existing Directives, and impact assessments as well as support to possible future non-legislative and legislative follow-up, including through the organisation of consultation activities and analysis of the responses;
(5) To organise and contribute to workshops/meetings/conferences and prepare supporting documents and reports, and support communication activities/products.