This Project is about forming and running the Mission Ocean, seas and waters implementation support platform, to help coordinate and monitor actions aligned with the EU Mission ‘Restore our ocean and waters by 2030’. It also involved offering European Blue parks technical assistance; citizen engagement and communication.
The main objectives of this project are:
- assisting the contracting authority and the European Commission with the implementation of the Mission including, knowledge, science to policy advice, financial advice and technical assistance, assist in capacity building, support to outreach, scale up and dissemination of information about knowledge and innovations at all levels. It will also provide access to knowledge to all citizens, as well as support and technical assistance to mission partners that implement the mission. This will be done by establishing and running the Mission implementation support platform. And,
- providing technical and scientific assistance for initiatives implementing the European Blue Parks for the expansion of networks of marine protected areas. The assistance mechanism will support the Blue Parks initiative in creation of the Blue Parks Community, and provide advice on and support for building of a community of engaged and sustainable investors and socio-economic actors. It will provide support to networking and knowledge transfer and will also support monitoring of the implementation of marine protected/strictly protected areas. The support service will integrate knowledge dissemination to support the Blue Parks initiative.
Fresh Thoughts takes the lead for the work on the Danube River Basin and supports tasks on:
- Implementation and operation of the Mission monitoring and progress tracking system during the first implementation phase of the Mission
- Design of the Mission monitoring and progress tracking system
- Reporting on the Mission implementation progress to the contracting authority
Adaption to climate change
geographic scope:European Union and global